Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Kinda Late Update

I finished my goal with HubPages.  I actually lasted one year and received my first payout in March.

I'm testing Wizzley right now.

So my goal is to spend a year on Wizzley and see what it's all about.  But I do like the site because I don't have to deal with the noise at HubPages.  By noise, I mean that HubPages spends a lot of time as a social networking site, and wants participation.

I don't want to participate.  I just want to write without distractions.  Many back-to-back changes at HubPages.  And now, I have no interest in Hub Hopping because they changed that, too.  So what I plan to do is write a weekly WTI (Weekly Topic Inspiration), but only if the theme interests me.  HubPages pushes beginning writers.  I'm no beginning writer, so as a friend told me, "I've outgrown HubPages."  Which is true for her because she now writes full-time.

My situation is different.  I am retired and have other interests.  I like to write, but don't necessarily need to make money at it.  Being retired and a writer frees me from the stress of having to make money so that I can eat and pay my bills.

So, after taking a break from the writing for three months (I only published three articles in that time period), I am back to writing.  I am looking at an article published before Wednesday.  Possibly two or three more by the time the week is over.  I think that's a fair schedule for me.

I am looking at surgery next month, and I will probably be spending about two months at home.  I can't make any excuses when it comes to the writing.  Sticking close to home, I'd better do some writing.

And maybe clean house a little better???  

No comments:

Post a Comment