Wednesday, September 19, 2012

This Thing Called Pinterest

I admit it.  I am an Online Dinosaur.

I am so behind with the times when it comes to setting up my online accounts.  After returning to my blog, I realized how much has changed in the layout.  I have not begun to make changes.  Most of the time, I don't understand most of this stuff.  But, the kids certainly do.

But what I find interesting is Pinterest.  I actually signed up for it because I could not resist all of the big, colorful photographs.  I can look at these photographs and get ideas for stories.  Very colorful and entertaining.  Today, I actually got a follower, and I don't even have anything posted.  I know people would tell me that they "pinned" some of my stuff, but I never followed up on it.  So I followed this guy just to see what he was all about.  He calls himself an "aging hippie."  I thought that was interesting because I missed becoming a hippie by a few years.

Don't laugh, but I signed up for Twitter, but I don't even Tweet.  My phone is a basic.  I don't think you can use it to Tweet.  Could it be safe to say that when it comes to Twitter, I've remained a Twit?

LOL!

Anyway, this is where I am at right now.  I will take advantage of getting to know Pinterest a little better.  Why not?

Since my HubPages account is dumping, I've been deleting files or tweaking stories to republish or move somewhere else.  I've been doing this since last weekend, and I think I'll be done by the end of the week.  It's not that I have completely given up, but since I have reached my goals as far as HubPages goes, I am free to pursue other online sites.  Their new Zzz program makes it easy for writers to wander because it puts our Hubs on autopilot.  All I need to do is check in and make changes to any Zzz.

I can't stick to just one site.  HubPages is not the only game in town.  I began with Helium and quit that.  HubPages, I'm leaving open, but I don't give it much in terms of life right now.  I'm not here to analyze Google like a lot of these writers do.  I am not willing to waste my time.

Let's just say that in that department, ignorance is bliss.  At the same time, I'm not putting all of my efforts into HubPages.  That is just not common sense.

Sooooooo, let's learn about Pinterest and take advantage of its goodies.  Why not?  It's a start!  Even for an Online Dinosaur like me!
     

No comments:

Post a Comment