Thursday, April 5, 2012

Here and There


I have been away from my blog for so long that I forgot how to post!

I have been writing for HubPages for 9 months, now.  I received my first payout, and am very excited about it.  I am still slowly learning the ropes when it comes to online writing.  I will be a student for a very long time.
January 2012, I was given an assignment as a CBS Channel 13 Blogger and interviewed 10 people that I know.  I also photographed them for this assignment.  The last of my interviews, “Greg” will end this coming Monday.  Don’t tell anyone, but I enjoyed interviewing Greg because he loved talking about his Harley Davidson Trike.  I would have taken him up on his offer to ride it, but I was wearing slides that day.  If I were wearing boots, I would have gladly jumped on for a ride.  Check out cbssacramento.com/autos.  You may catch Greg and the nine others who were kind enough to be interviewed.

My article, “My Dear Watson,” has been published online.  Check out: www.thriveinlife.ca/thrive/index.php/my-dear-watson/ 
 
Watson is about 11 years old, now.  He is our rescue beagle, and we are so glad that he is part of our family.  He is still stubborn and usually has his way.  They say dogs reflect their masters, so it looks like I’ve been in trouble since the get-go.

While learning about online writing, I am avoiding putting all my eggs in one basket when it comes to writing.  I am back to writing my novel.  And since I am retired, I have made a vow to just right and not follow some deadline.  I also bought a 2012 Writer’s Market and have been reading the magazines which deal with writing. 

February 2012 marks my 10th year of retirement.  I’m hoping to spend more of my retirement getting focused on my writing.  It is my #1 passion.

I also started making YouTube videos under ThenSheRetired.  I love making them and have no problem getting in front of the camera.  Yes, I am a ham from way back.

No problema!



No comments:

Post a Comment